Apply to Become a MCHS Reader / Field Expert!
Thank you for your interest in being a Reader/Field Expert — either as a first time reader or a seasoned reader. The CDE and CCEA have a unique partnership to empower and equip all participants to be successful contributors and evaluators at the Readings. Learn more about the Model Continuation High School (MCHS) program.
The MCHS Reader/Field Expert helps to evaluate and qualify MCHS applications at Southern California (Region 1 and 2) and Northern California (Region 3 and 4) MCHS Readings. Readings take place in the month of September — usually on a Friday. Qualifying schools at the Readings will receive a site-visit, wherein readers/field experts will participate as a model school visiting team.
Information to Know and Reader/Field Expert Responsibilities:
- Participants in the CDE-MCHS Recognition Program are expected to maintain the highest level of confidentiality throughout the entire process– from beginning to end.
- You will be required to sign the CDE-MCHS Confidentiality Agreement at the reading in which you take part.
- The Reading will consist of an entire day. Each participant must ascertain permission from their respective upline (Site Leader/District Leader) to participate in the MCHS application and model school visit process.
- After the Reading, each reader/field expert will commit to a minimum of two separate model school site visits. The time commitment involved will be between two and four work days for both visits.
- Readers will be invited to the Reading in which their region corresponds.
Apply to become a Model Schools Reader/Field Expert
Please complete the form below.