Apply to Become a MCHS Reader / Field Expert!
Thank you for your interest in being a Reader/Field Expert — either as a first time reader or a seasoned reader. The California Department of Education (CDE) and CCEA Plus have a unique partnership to empower and equip all participants to be successful contributors and evaluators at the Readings. Learn more about the Model Continuation High School (MCHS) program. One is eligible to apply as a MCHS Reader / Field Expert so long as they are CCEA Plus members and in good standing.
The MCHS Reader/Field Expert helps to evaluate and qualify MCHS applications at Southern California (Region 1 and 2) and Northern California (Region 3 and 4) MCHS Readings. Readings take place in the month of September — usually on a Friday. Qualifying schools at the Readings will receive a site-visit, wherein readers/field experts will participate as a model school visiting team.
Information to Know and Reader/Field Expert Responsibilities:
- Participants in the CDE-MCHS Recognition Program are expected to maintain the highest level of confidentiality throughout the entire process– from beginning to end.
- You will be required to sign the CDE-MCHS Confidentiality Agreement at the reading in which you take part.
- The Reading will consist of an entire day. Each participant must ascertain permission from their respective upline (Site Leader/District Leader) to participate in the MCHS application and model school visit process.
- After the Reading, each reader/field expert will commit to a minimum of two separate model school site visits. The time commitment involved will be between two and four work days for both visits.
- Readers will be invited to the Reading in which their region corresponds.
Apply to become a Model Schools Reader/Field Expert
Please complete the form below.