The California Continuation Education Association (CCEA) has been in existence for 93 years. Their sole focus has been to advocate for the betterment of continuation education by providing support to existing and new continuation schools and advocacy for the needs of our students. As CDE has continued to make cutbacks to their programs, CCEA’s advocacy in the development and writing of legislation has become even more important, so that continuation schools and their educators are not forgotten. Each area district has representatives that serve the interest of their local continuation schools, and these representatives meet twice a year in order to communicate efforts, learn of updates and provide professional supports that are then brought back to the local areas. Join Today!Become a Member
What can CCEA do for me?
- CCEA works with the California Department of Education to recognize schools for their high standards of performance through our Model Continuation Schools Program.
- CCEA recognizes Exemplary Programs and provides a statewide resource of creative and effective programs.
- The WASC accreditation process is supported by providing visiting committee members drawn from continuation schools, as well as workshops for preparing the school report and conducting the site visit.
- CCEA’s website and Facebook page provides significant documents and resources, a discussion page, alternative education links and a membership directory.
- Mentoring for other continuation educators and administrators.
- CCEA presents an annual state-wide conference which is the only professional learning community for continuation educators. It also serves as an opportunity to make statewide recognitions for teachers, administrators, classified employees as well as the creative work of students.
- An opportunity to network with other CCEA members.
- Regional workshops.
- A direct link to a CDE Liaison.
- Discounts on Conference fees.
- Electronic newsletters.
What is the cost?
$55.00 per year for professional membership. Not much, considering everything you get. This membership will also provide you a discount at the annual statewide conference. The membership of the administrators, teachers and classified staff at your schools is crucial to maintaining the efforts of CCEA in providing support to continuation schools across the State. Join Today!
The Professional Membership is designed for the educational employee, certificated or classified, who supports continuation education. Professional members receive a certificate of membership nice enough to frame, a numbered membership card, a personal copy of the State Newsletter, and a discount registration for the state conference along with a special President’s Reception at the state conference. Professional Members are the driving force behind CCEA and continuation education. The annual membership fee is $55.00. Register online now!
The School Membership is designed as a way to pay for those educational employees who cannot afford a professional membership. An example would be using a school membership to cover the cost of classified, volunteers, and part time employees. It is a way of bringing everyone who works at a school into the fold of CCEA. Member schools receive a school plaque and copies of the State Newsletter to be shared among the staff. When a school joins CCEA, the district superintendent also becomes a CCEA member. School Memberships are important because they provide the power CCEA needs to represent continuation education throughout California. Register online now!
The last type of membership is Affiliate Membership. An affiliate member is a business owner, employee of a business or a business itself. Affiliate membership provides those businesses that support CCEA and continuation education with a direct connection to the organization’s membership. They get a plaque to display at their company offices, a copy of the newsletter, and access to the membership only section of the organization’s web site. Affiliate members can purchase a membership as designated below. Register online now!