2018 Leadership Academy – April 26th
Sign up for Leadership Academy today — 10% Off Online Only!
CCEA will host a one-day seminar April 26, 2018, before the State Conference in San Diego. The focus will be on the Education Code and operation of a Continuation High School. Add this to your cart with Conference registration, and pay for both at the same time. Pay by credit card, PayPal or check right here!
* Get event details below.
CCEA presents Leadership Academy, a one-day seminar on Thursday April 26, 2018, before the CCEA State Conference in San Diego. The focus will be on the Education Code and the operation of a Continuation High School.
The event will be presented by Joe Stits, former Assistant Superintendent of Bellflower Unified School District, past CCEA President and Presenter of the CCEA Principals Institute.
Continuation High School Leadership Academy
When: Thursday April 26, 2018.
Time: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, with a lunch break on your own.
Where: Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina
Cost: $250.00* (Get 10% off by registering online!)
* Registration fees are paid directly to CCEA — you can include registration for this event as part of your registration for the 2018 State Conference. Cost is per person. Price this year is the same for members and non-members.
Topics that will be covered:
- Legal Mandates for Continuation Education — includes Ed Code provisions for school management including funding, staffing and administration, student admission, facilities, data collection and program assessment, curriculum components, instructional strategies, CDE advisories.
- Credit Earning misconceptions regarding continuation schools, the Carnegie Unit and an examination of seat time credit earning, alternatives such as competency based credit, project and or thematic based credit, and the use of educational technology as credit sources. Included will be two recent research studies of continuation education conducted by the UC Berkeley and Stanford University.
- Attendance Accounting — you will receive a copy of the CDE approved attendance accounting manual for continuation schools. Topics will include positive attendance and compulsory attendance provisions as well as ADA calculations.
The setting is an open forum for questions and answers on any of the topics and related items. We learn best in a community and that will be the styled of the presentation and is meant for the novice as well as the veteran as we can all learn from one another. Read more
Want to Add More to Your Registration?
View More | 2018 Conference Registration Options — add more to your cart!
Prefer to Register by Paper Form / Mail?
Conference Registration (includes Leadership Academy sign-up) | Find PDF Form and Instructions
* Get 10% off by registering and paying online for the Leadership Academy seminar.